With all due respect, ten years after 9/11, America is still trying to defy God and not repenting, just as Israel did Isaiah 9:10 (KJV) "The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars."
Because of their pride and stoutness of heart, they were pronouncing judgement on their nation. they had turned their back on God numerous times, and God in His grace had given them chance after chance to repent and turn from their wicked ways.
Today, all the networks have made special note of the mile-stone of the One World Trade Center, now being the tallest building in New York, bigger and better and stronger. In all the comments about the new tower, we are still saying, "look at what we are doing, we are building back stronger." Not only does it say what Isaiah is saying, it also is note worthy of the rich man who tore down his barns to build bigger ones to house all the crops he thought he had. The remark made than was God saying, "thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee."
Remember, our nation was consecrated to God at the small corner of "ground zero," (St. Paul's Chapel) April 30, 1789.
September 11 struck the ground where America was consecrated to God!
That day, also, a prophetic message was given to the newly-formed nation, America. 9/11 was pointing everything back to St Paul's Chapel and Federal Hall, which was the place that President George Washington was inaugurated and America's foundation was laid.
On the day of America's inauguration, the nation's first president would do as as King Solomon would do with israel of the re-dedication of the temple in Jerusalem. In Washington's first presidential address, this is what he said;
- "No people can be bound to acknowledge and adore the Invisible Hand which conducts the affairs of men more than those of the United States. Every step by which they have advanced to the character of an independent nation seems to have been distinguished by some token of providential agency;"
Just as King Solomon offered prayers and supplications to the Almighty God on the day of the temple dedication, listen to what Washington also said in that first address;
- "It would be peculiarly improper to omit in this first official act my fervent supplications to that Almighty Being who rules over the universe, who presides in the councils of nations, and whose providential aids can supply every human defect, that His benediction may consecrate to the liberties and happiness of the people of the United States a Government instituted by themselves for these essential purposes."
- "The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which heaven itself hath ordained."
Three time after 9/11, our national leaders have voiced these same words in public declaration.
- Two day after 9?11 in the Senate.
- In autumn of 2004 on the day of remembrance.
- And on the inauguration day of our present president.
Even though they did not know what they were doing, these leaders were pronouncing judgement on America.
Seven years after 9/11/01, we experienced the worst economic crisis since the Great depression ever recorded;
- September 7, 2008 The collapse of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mack.
- September 9, 2008 The beginning of the collapse of Lehman Brothers.
- September 11, 2008 The second collapse, the final death kneel of Lehman Brothers.
As you think on these things, this also will have reference to "the sabbatical year" that God instituted with the nation Israel.
Is this just a coincidence?
Are we so blind that we can't see what God is saying?